EMSP 2015 Spring Conference
From May 15, 2015 09:30 until May 16, 2015 16:00 Save to calendar
On behalf of EMSP’s Conference Committee, we are delighted to invite you to Warsaw, Poland, for the EMSP Annual Spring Conference that will take place from 15 – 16 May 2015. The Annual General Meeting of the EMSP Council will take place on 14 May, followed by the Conference on May 15-16.
The theme of the 2015 Spring Conference is: Reaching forward. Access to employment and participation. Building on the success of previous EMSP conferences, the event will bring together people with MS, advocacy organisations, healthcare professionals and researchers, alongside policy-makers from across Europe to offer you a dynamic mix of presentations, interactive sessions and debates. The conference will help us work towards our common goal of improving the quality of life for people with MS in Europe.
A particular focus will be on patient participation and forthcoming changes in EU healthcare policy that could have a direct impact on people affected by MS and other neurodegenerative diseases. The conference will also tackle access to employment for people with MS, with an emphasis on young people’s situation.
Highlights of the event will include:
- Launch of our Pact of Employment which focuses on the specific considerations and adaptations needed to successfully employ young people with a neurodegenerative condition.
- Panel discussion on eHealth and the impact it can have on the development of more efficient and integrated healthcare solutions.
- Launch of a new Under Pressure video, describing the situation of people with MS in Estonia.
- Interactive cooking session revealing the benefits of a healthy lifestyle in coping with MS.
For a complete list of sessions and workshops, please check our programme (also attached below - under "files").
The event also marks the 25th anniversary of the Polish MS Society and we are delighted to welcome you to the Polonia Palace Hotel, one of the longest established hotels in Warsaw, located just across from the Palace of Culture.
We hope that you will find the conference and your stay in Warsaw both valuable and enjoyable.
Anne Winlsow, Maggie Alexander,
EMSP President EMSP Chief Executive
The event will benefit from live coverage on social media:
The EMSP 2015 Spring Conference registration fee comprises the following benefits: access to the conference, conference materials, coffee breaks and lunch*.
Fees and Deadlines
|Deadline||EMSP Members||Non EMSP Members||Daily fee**|
|Early registration until 10 February 2015||€160||€280||€60|
|Late registration until 1 May 2015||€200||€350||€75|
|Onsite registration from 14 May 2015||€250||€ 400||€100|
*All rates exclude Gala Dinner participation (€40 per person). Please tick the relevant box in the registration form if you would like to attend.
** Please note that Registration per day (Daily fee) is only possible for participants coming from Poland
Registration terms and conditions
By registering, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below.
All attendees will be issued a badge onsite and will be required to wear it at all times during the conference.
Consent to use of photographic images: Registration and attendance at, or participation at the EMSP 2015 Spring Conference constitutes an agreement by the registrant to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant or attendee's photographs, videotapes and/or electronic reproductions.
The organisers reserve the right to make any changes to the programme of the Conference. We will close registrations when we have reached the final number of participants.
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellation on or before 1 April 2015 – free of charge
- Cancellation after 15 April 2015 - 20% of the registration fee will be forfeited
- Cancellation after 30 April 2015 – 100% of the registration fee will be forfeited
Registrants may send a substitute in their place in lieu of requesting a refund.
Our online payment site is a secured site. Major credit cards such as American Express, VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
Wire transfers may also be made by registering online and selecting the wire transfer payment. Please ensure to settle your payment within 14 days from receiving your registration confirmation to the following bank account:
- Bank Name – ING
- IBAN # - BE74 3101 4457 0607
- SWIFT Code - BBRUBEBB
- Reference –EMSP 2015 Spring Conference the name of your organisation followed by your last name, first name
Registrations will be held as pending until the wire transfer is received.
For those who will be awarded a bursary, please use the code given by EMSP in the payment section. The code is non-transferable and can only be used once.
Polonia Palace Hotel
Aleje Jerozolimskie 45,
EMSP has blocked rooms at the Polonia Palace Hotel and the Metropol Hotel, located within walking distance from the conference venue.
The rates per night are as follows *
Polonia Palace Hotel 4****
13.05 - 15.05.2015 - 565,00 PLN (approx. 136 €) per sgl room per night + VAT
13.05 - 15.05.2015 - 615,00 PLN (approx. 148 €) per dbl room per night + VAT
15.05 - 16.05.2015 - 320,00 PLN (approx. 78 €) per sgl/dbl room per night + VAT
Metropol Hotel 3***
13.05 - 15.05.2015 - 340,00 PLN (approx. 81 €) per sgl room per night + VAT
13.05 - 15.05.2015 - 370,00 PLN (approx. 88 €) per dbl room per night + VAT
15.05 - 16.05.2015 - 210,00 PLN (approx. 50 €) per sgl/dbl room per night + VAT
* All rates include breakfast
To guarantee these preferential rates, please contact the hotel and make your room bookings by 1 April, 2015.
To book a room please contact the hotel and use the code EMSP Spring Conference 2015 to benefit from the preferential rate.
Hotel bookings will be handled on a “first come –first served” basis. In the event the requested hotel is no longer available, EMSP will do its utmost to offer similar accommodation. This may, however, involve a change in price. We therefore recommend early booking to ensure availability.
Contact details for room reservations:
A restricted number of travel grants to the conference will be available. A certain number of those grants are designated for young people with MS. In addition to travel subsidies and accommodation, travel grant recipients will receive free registration to EMSP 2015 Spring Conference.
To apply for a travel grant, the following documents must be received by the EMSP Secretariat before 18 February 2015:
- A letter of introduction by the applicant indicating the following general information:
- How relevant are the topics presented during this Conference to your current practice?
- Have you attended any EMSP events in the last 2 years?
- How do you believe your attendance at this Conference will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
- A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
Please note that:
- Travel grants are restricted to 1 person per organisation.
- For those travelling with their carer, EMSP will cover transport and accommodation for both persons.
- EMSP will only consider applications received by 18 February 2015. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
EMSP Events Coordinator
Tel.: +32 2 304 50 15